My college kids are already home and my youngest is taking exams this week essentially signaling the start of holiday madness and the end of another year. Whatever the end of your year looks like, I encourage you to set aside some time to do some prep work to set yourself up for success in 2023.
Here are 12 things you can do to get ready for a great 2023 at your nonprofit:
- Clean off your desk/straighten your office
- Unsubscribe from emails you don’t need to get anymore
- Delete files you don’t need on your hard drive
- Do this exercise to reduce burnout and more
- Review your workflow and processes to see what works and what doesn’t
- Update your job description and those of your staff to reflect any changes made in the last year
- Do a Brain Dump
- Review all of the software you use and consider other tech upgrades
- Check your email automations
- Organize photos and stories you collected in 2022
- Start your 2023 editorial calendar
- Brainstorm goals for next year
How do you prepare for a new year at your nonprofit? If you need help with your nonprofit’s 2023 communications planning, join us in January for our Communications Planning That Works in 2023 Master Class. You can pay $249 to register for just this three-hour workshop or attend ALL of our 2023 webinars and workshops for only $599 with an All-Access Pass (normally $799; sale ends 1/6/23).